26 March 2011

FORGET IT FRIDAY

*sorry this is posted a day late...crazy birthday jubilee week for my son*

Confessions

I suck at laundry.  I do.  I guess I just don't care about it all that much.

I don't even usually separate my colors.  Sometimes I pull out special whites, or new bright colors in case they bleed.  But most of our clothes fill the color spectrum, and frankly I have more important things to do.

So, I take shortcuts.  I make my own detergent with Fels Naptha soap, which is fantastic for stains.  Also, I try to hang my clothes outside to dry.  The sun is amazing for bleaching and disinfecting.  That ultraviolet light that's so terrible for our skin is apparently amazingly awesome for fabric.

I guess it's true that we spend time on what is important to us.  The rest we just get good at faking.

No comments:

Post a Comment