17 January 2012

Pin it. Do it. Week 11.

This week's Pinterest project came about because of a challenge given to me by my bloggy and IRL friend Jenny, at A Drop in the Bucket.

Every week we challenge each other in some way, and last week she asked me to strut my inner perfect mama by making sweet notes for my kids.  Tomorrow I'll guest post on her blog about how that went over.

But today, I'm going to show you what I made.








 Cute, isn't it?  And easy, an essential criteria for me.

Here's what to do:

1. Trace your hand.  Don't make the mistake I did with the first one.  Trace just one hand, and use that one as a pattern for the other.  Otherwise the two hands won't match up when you make the sign.

2. Cut out.

3. Write message on a strip of paper and accordian fold.

4. Tape one side of message strip to each hand.

5. Done.



Great idea for a Valentine's note, don't you think?  Tune in tomorrow when I share how it went over with the Bigs.
Tip Junkie handmade projects
 



5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Good for you for actually doing things you find on pinterest! ;-) - Michelle @Simplify, Live, Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you wan to =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up at my kid oriented linky party TGIF - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I know my readers would love this too!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog and am your newest follower! This is such an adorable idea! I saw it on pinterest too! I'd LOVE for you to share this at my Thrifty Thursday linky party, where we share free or nearly free learning activities. This is PERFECT for it! Feel free to share a couple a week! http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2012/01/thrifty-thursday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this so much I featured at TGIF this week - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/01/tgif-linky-party-14.html - thanks for linking up. Come grab an I was featured button & link up this week!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it will be part of my church craft service for valentines, thanks for sharing
    Emma at LLM Calling (http://llmcalling.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete