04 March 2011

Just One Thing

Peace
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you; I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

I slept fitfully last night, for some reason.  And my husband had to wake early this morning.  So, at 6am I was lying in bed desperately wishing for a few minutes of rest before having to wake the rest of the house.

And I distinctly heard a Voice asking me to give Him a few minutes, that I wouldn't regret it. 

And I said ok.  Later.

And then The Girl woke up.

So I dragged my okole out of bed and brought her up to my room.  She sat with me for 10 minutes, while I read about Peace.  While I sat and reflected on true Peace, otherworldly Peace.

And the Voice?  The Voice was right, I didn't regret it for a second.  The thing about Peace is that it is irrelevant to whatever else is happening.  No matter what I am enduring, true Peace rises above.

It's not happiness.  Not the same thing.  Happiness depends on what is going on in my life.  Peace just is.  It is a gift.  There for the taking, if I so desire.

I always talk about how I can have peace if I control chaos.  But Peace is always available, no matter what other chaos is around.

Peace passes my understanding.




No comments:

Post a Comment