23 June 2011

Just One Thing

Answers

Something big is gonna happen here in our house.  I don't know what it is, but it's coming.  This much I know.

We've been praying a lot about our future and where it will take us.  We've been trying to earnestly listen for His Voice.

And here is what I've heard:

TRUST ME.

Not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but clear and unmistakable. 

The thing I have been struggling with is differentiating my own thoughts from His Voice.

I've talked to my husband, I've emailed trusted friends.  And what I know to be true is that God speaks with Authority.  And what I know I've heard in an Authoritative Voice is

TRUST ME.

Maybe I haven't yet understood any more detail than that because I'm not ready.
But for now, I have my answer.

Up until now, my thoughts about the future have been mine and mine alone.  And then I want to know what will happen next, without giving anything up.  

In short, I want all the answers with none of the faith.

But that's not how it's going to work this time.  I've been given enough insight to know something is coming.  

And now I just need to work on that TRUST thing while I wait for the details to unfold.  


1 comment:

  1. Thought you may appreciate this after reading this post:

    "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

    ReplyDelete