19 December 2011

Funday Monday: A Soon To Be Favorite

We are currently drooling over this product on Amazon:



And soon it will be ours!  We've been wanting to make another step towards simplification by going paperless for some time now.  My husband has been waiting patiently for me to get fed up enough to make it a priority, and that moment arrived a few weeks ago when I stared at the pile of papers waiting to be filed. 

Nothing fits in the "To Be Filed" slot anymore because there are too many papers waiting to be filed.  And I no longer want to file them.  

I want to scan them and save them digitally.  

And so we save.  We should be ready to take the plunge just after Christmas, so stay tuned for a post on how wonderful my life is now that we don't have stacks of paper to deal with anymore.

Do any of you have a paperless office?  How is it working out for you?

2 comments:

  1. We have a Fujitsu ScanSnap and absolutely, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! You can put in stacks of documents/photos at once. It is very fast. We got it last year as a Christmas present for ourselves! We scanned every paper document. The only hard copies we held onto were things like marriage certificate, birth certificate, i.e. certified documents. Everything else was scanned and then hardcopy shredded! We also scanned every photo and then threw out the original photos! I much prefer viewing photos on the computer, heck, we can even watch them on the big screen tv and if we ever need a hard copy of a photo we can print it at Wal-Mart.

    You will love your ScanSnap also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti - I'm so happy to hear the testimonial! We also are buying it as our Christmas present , and I can't wait. Sounds like you hopped right on the wagon...I'm still a little fuzzy on how we're going to digitally organize everything, but that's kind of my husband's department so I'll just wait for the tutorial. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete