Dude. Sometimes when I go back and read what I've wrote, it seems like I'm always awesome when it comes to simple living and real food.
HA! HA. HA. HA.
Here are my top ten areas of weakness. Concessions, if you will.
1. Coffee. I like to put a tiny bit of chocolate syrup in it. Homemade, of course.
2. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Sometimes nothing else will do.
3. Skyline Chili. If you don't know what it is, you aren't from Cincinnati.
4. Cereal. I know. I am way better than I used to be, but it's a weakness for all of us. I'm working on making a few to at least cut down on some of the processed gunk, but so far I still enjoy a bowl for a snack in the evening.
5. Tortillas. A cheese quesadilla is so easy to make for the kids as a quick snack or small meal. I should really try to make these.
6. Shampoo and hair gel. I've cut back on the hair gel and only shampoo my very dry hair a few times a week, but every "natural" alternative I've tried has left my hair feeling like straw and looking somewhat afro-ish. Not a good look for me.
7. Running water. Too much, anyway. My kitchen sink is tiny. I tend to leave the water running rather than fill it while washing dishes. And, I still let my kids play with running water from time to time. No, that is not my sink.
8. Tortilla chips. I did make some successfully recently, but it's a lot of work for a small-ish batch, so I am not yet doing it on a regular basis. I love me some nachos.
9. Goya Black Bean Soup. In a can, no less. I don't use it often, because I have been trying to buy dried beans and making batches myself, but Goya tastes really yummy, and no, this is not a paid promotion.
There are more, I am sure. I'm picking my battles, one at a time. And now I'm hungry.