02 September 2011

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

Rest

I'm sorry I missed last's week's Five Minute Friday, so I'm sneaking it in right now before my husband whisks me away to Paris for a weekend with no children.  

Five minutes of unedited, from the heart writing, courtesy of Gypsy Mama.

How appropriate that today's topic is rest.

GO:

Last night, when the cumulation of a week's worth of To-Do's that keep growing, school routines still chaotic, a girl who suddenly never wants to leave my side, and a messy problem that is going to take weeks or months to sort out all because of the language barrier from this country where I call home, I was told by A Voice to

Breathe.

Breathe.  Find your breath.  Rest.

Now, this morning, all the week's worth of junk is still here.  

But The Voice remains.  I am here to offer you rest, He Says.  

Rest for my soul.  I try to turn off all of the swirly, chaotic things in my head, making me crazy because I just don't know where to begin.  

Jesus says He provides rest for the weary, but sometimes I reject that offer.  

And so he sends in my husband to say, Are you ready to go?  Right now, in this moment of not being able to handle a single bit more of neediness, organizing, letter writing, blog writing, cleaning, cooking, etc etc.  I am forced to stop, because we are leaving for the weekend.

Sometimes I [have to be forced to rest.]

STOP.

Random thoughts for a random day.  Suffice it to say that today's topic was not a coincidence, and I am glad to find some rest this weekend.  

Go check out Gypsy Mama for many other thoughts on rest, probably much more coherent than mine.  Find rest, this day, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this is fantastic. :-) You linked up right before me. I hope you two enjoy your time in Paris immensely, and I can't wait to hear about it! Enjoy the time to rest, because you know your grandma will be watching over them with a caring, loving touch. Try and forget about the worries and letters, etc. that are here for you and enjoy the moments with your hubby. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete