21 February 2012

Pin it. Do it. Week 16

Mmmm....Salad

I made this avacado and tomato salad on a Sunday afternoon when visitors joined us for dinner. I usually try to cook seasonally, but it has been so cold and I am so very tired of being cold that I decided to go with something that reminded me of summer.  

Since we are still trying to eat primally, I made the entire meal, including dessert, to be primal friendly.

I found the recipe on Ashley's Cooking Adventures and immediately pinned it as a great primal way to get veggies and healthy fats.

Here's the great recipe she created:
Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad
From Val So Cal
Ingredients
1 container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 carton fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1/3 cup basil, julienned (I used my frozen basil I had on hand, it was perfection)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Baguette - optional

Directions
DSC_4785
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and parsley. Set aside.
DSC_4786
In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. 
DSC_4788
Pour over tomato mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
DSC_4791
Just before serving stir in the chopped avocado. 
DSC_4795
Serve with a slotted spoon and toasted baguette. 
This salad turned out fantastic. Be sure to get high quality fresh mozzarella, and wait to add the avocado until just before serving.

Check out Ashley's Cooking Adventures for a ton of other great recipes. I've pinned several of hers, and I'm excited to try them all.
Skip To My Lou
 



Tip Junkie handmade projects








3 comments:

  1. I want to eat this right now!! Looks soooo good!! Thanks for sharing...I've found my lunch for tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this and linking back to my blog! If you end up trying any other of my recipes please be sure to let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete