02 February 2012

Game ON! A Rollercoaster Ride

If this is your first visit, welcome! Read here to catch up and learn more about the Game ON diet.

Well, this week's numbers are pretty inconsistent. Overall, I am still down four pounds, but I've gone up a pound from my low point last week. So, as far as the challenge is concerned, it's a big question if I'll actually make my 1% weight loss this week. All my other points are perfect, though, but those bonus points you get for making the weight goal count for 20% of your total score, so that's a lot of points to miss out on. We'll see what Saturday brings.

However, four pounds in less than two weeks is pretty fantastic, especially when my whole goal is only six pounds. And, I am sooo not just losing fat. I'm losing weight while simultaneously building muscle, and I think that's awesome.

And check out these other health benefits I've been experiencing:
  • Addition of lean muscle - my clothes are loose, and I Am Tight. Awesome.
  • No bloating - seriously, I used to feel bloated after every meal, but I have not once felt that way since following the Primal Blueprint eating plan. And we ate healthy before, but I really think the wheat products were messing up my digestion.
  • Increased energy - I have a lot to do, I wear a lot of hats, and I am tired at the end of the day, and yet I wake up in the morning ready to face the day.
  • Decreased food craving - I have finally gotten off the sweet craving cycle. A small square of good dark chocolate or a bowl of berries with cream satisfies me completely.
  • End of the hunger/binge/fatigue insulin cycle - I don't feel tired after eating because my body doesn't have to shut down to try to process what I've eaten.
My HIIT workouts are going well. I continue to be taxed after completing them, and I feel sore. You know, the good sore that makes you feel like you did something. I still run a couple times a week, but I tend to do shorter distances at a higher speed. Which is my goal, so yay!

So, the challenge is nearly halfway over, and I am really getting into the swing of things.

How about you? Are you reaching your goals this week? Keep up the effort...you will be rewarded.
The Momma Bird

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like some good results!! So...do you think you will stick with the Primal Blueprint diet after the "game" is over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will for the most part. Husband is feeling fantastic too and looking leaner than ever.I do miss the occasional bowl of rice or slice of bread, but even the author of the book says if you can handle it there's no problem for occasional gluten. Especially rice, because as far as offenders go, it's the smallest. It's pretty neutral.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have had the same experience with eating "primal" or " paleo". It is amazing how much better I feel without wheat and dairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing great,I need to try and lose a few pounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you are feeling more energetic! I think that alone is worth it! The other things are just a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! It takes hard work to make those kinds of changes, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome progress! We eat healthy, minimal processed if any, etc. but now you have me curious about the wheat products. I've been considering looking into the PB eating plan and now you've convinced me to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your progress with the primal blueprint. Once you make the decision to start a change and do it for a few day, I think it gets easier and easier.

    ReplyDelete