Well, this week's numbers are pretty inconsistent. Overall, I am still down four pounds, but I've gone up a pound from my low point last week. So, as far as the challenge is concerned, it's a big question if I'll actually make my 1% weight loss this week. All my other points are perfect, though, but those bonus points you get for making the weight goal count for 20% of your total score, so that's a lot of points to miss out on. We'll see what Saturday brings.
However, four pounds in less than two weeks is pretty fantastic, especially when my whole goal is only six pounds. And, I am sooo not just losing fat. I'm losing weight while simultaneously building muscle, and I think that's awesome.
And check out these other health benefits I've been experiencing:
- Addition of lean muscle - my clothes are loose, and I Am Tight. Awesome.
- No bloating - seriously, I used to feel bloated after every meal, but I have not once felt that way since following the Primal Blueprint eating plan. And we ate healthy before, but I really think the wheat products were messing up my digestion.
- Increased energy - I have a lot to do, I wear a lot of hats, and I am tired at the end of the day, and yet I wake up in the morning ready to face the day.
- Decreased food craving - I have finally gotten off the sweet craving cycle. A small square of good dark chocolate or a bowl of berries with cream satisfies me completely.
- End of the hunger/binge/fatigue insulin cycle - I don't feel tired after eating because my body doesn't have to shut down to try to process what I've eaten.
My HIIT workouts are going well. I continue to be taxed after completing them, and I feel sore. You know, the good sore that makes you feel like you did something. I still run a couple times a week, but I tend to do shorter distances at a higher speed. Which is my goal, so yay!
So, the challenge is nearly halfway over, and I am really getting into the swing of things.
How about you? Are you reaching your goals this week? Keep up the effort...you will be rewarded.
The Momma Bird
The Momma Bird