Don't forget to enter my giveaway for your chance to win! Details are Here...make
sure you leave your entry comments and good luck!
When we started a Primal diet as part of our Game ON! Fitness Challenge, one area we struggled was breakfast time. Eggs every day, as diverse as they are, can get kind of old.
So I was thrilled to find this recipe for grainless cereal from Civilized Caveman Cooking.
I made a couple small changes based on what I had available: I used coconut oil and a combination of almond and coconut flour. It seemed a little too oily with the full amount; maybe that was because of my substitution, but the next time I made it I decreased the oil slightly and it turned out perfect.
Judging by the speed it disappeared, I'd say it was a hit. Next time I'm making a double batch.
Ok, on to the good stuff:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Tools you may Need:
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 Cups Almonds chopped or slivered
- 1/2 Cup Grapeseed oil (Or any oil of your choice, you can try coconut)
- 1/2 Cup 100% Raw Organic Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- Cinnamon to taste, the more the stronger the taste will be
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients
- Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds to help it mix better
- Once warm, pour your wet ingredients over your dry seed and nut mixture and mix well with a fork to ensure you coat everything
- Place your mixture on a foil lined baking sheet and spread thin and evenly
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and stir around to ensure nothing burns, I put it back in the bowl and then respread it on the baking sheet
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes
- Remove and let cool, it tastes better cold and also develops its crunchiness as it cools
- Serve in a bowl with some almond milk or coconut milk and enjoy