15 October 2011

Day 15: Instamatic Fun



We don't buy a ton of toys for our kids.  We have found they enjoy using the things we have around the house in creative ways, and they are content with what they have.  But while shopping at a thrift store for Halloween costume items, I came across a huge basket of old cameras.  The were all marked 1-2 euros, and I casually sifted through the items until I came across

this:






I immediately purchased it, and since then it has been the most used toy in the house, by all three kids.

There is something about the click of the button and the satisfying slide of the film advancer that makes these techno kids come back to it again and again.

Thrift stores are a great place to fill in the gaps in our home made lives.  Sometimes they are a great place to find supplies for making something, and other times they have treasures you'd never find in the cookie cutter consumer world.





If this is your first visit, welcome!  Be sure to check out my other 31 Days to Home Made posts by either clicking here or on the button at the top of this page.



2 comments:

  1. How fun. I can't wait to track down a thrift store once we move and go there when I have "mommy time". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know what kind of treasures you will find. It's addicting!

    ReplyDelete