12 January 2012

Game ON!

Ok, people, I'm going to lay it out there.  I tried to talk myself out of this several times, but to no avail.  It has to be done.

On Monday, I am joining my friend Jenny's challenge.  It is based on the Game On Diet.  The short version is that I will be part of a team for a few weeks, and we have to do (or avoid) certain things to get as many points as possible during this time.  Biggest Loser style.  Except, your primary goal doesn't have to be weight loss.  It can be a fitness goal, healthier lifestyle goal, marathon training goal, etc.  We are all pitching in money, and the team that wins gets the pot. (There is still time to join!  Click Here to let Jen know you are in.  Deadline is Friday, 13 January 2012).




I have to say, I'm in it to win it.


And that is why I'm writing this post.  I'm going to give you my stats.  I'm going to tell you what I want out of this.

Deep Breath.


I am 5' 7" tall and weigh 138 pounds.  I am fairly healthy, but my fitness routine has gotten more and more sporadic since I ran a marathon in October.

When I moved to Japan in 2006, I weighed 156 pounds, the heaviest I've ever been, with the exception of my pregnancies.  I hated it, so in 2008 I lost about 25 pounds.  I was 129 at my lightest, and it was too much.  I have an athletic build, and this weight made my cheeks hollow and my collarbones stick out.  138 is not a bad weight, but 132 is ideal.

More than that six pounds, though, I want to tone my body.  Gaining 50 pounds three times during my pregnancies has stretched my abdominals and the skin on my torso beyond its limit, but I would like to get as close as possible to the flat stomach I once had.



And I want to run faster.  So, I am trying to work High Intensity Interval Training sessions into my runs.  I mean, I can run three or five or more miles at a regular old pace, but I want to be competitive in a 5k or a 10k.  That's how I'm going to do it.


And I'm telling you here, because, well, accountability counts for a lot.  My teammate is my husband, so that will help a lot.  But putting it out here in cyberspace is a big step for me, and I'm surely not going to wimp out with all of you watching.

Every Thursday for the next four weeks I'm going to update you on how it's going.  I might even work up the courage to stop borrowing Pinterest pictures and post actual pictures of myself.  Then again, maybe not.



3 comments:

  1. Coming from the FFBH!!
    Love that running motivation pic! Pinterest is so great at visual fitness motivation!! Good luck with the diet! I am gonna check out the book sample on my kindle!

    www.lgifit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome goals... way to go making it public, that accountability will help a lot. Hope you win it! :)

    ReplyDelete