11 January 2012

Challenge Wednesday #16


guest post by Jen @ A Drop in the Bucket:

Hey folks!!

So, last week Tracey asked: do you meal plan?  If so, please share a typical plan with us.  And if not, I challenge you to meal plan one week's worth of dinners using as few prepackaged items as possible.


Well, turns out this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  But maybe it was because I got REALLY ambitious {in my head}, but then life happened and...well...I wasn't.

I DO menu plan, see this?  I fill this out at the beginning of every week, and usually we stick to it pretty well.




As far as the "fewest prepackaged items as possible"?? Well, that wasn't ultra-successful, but that is because I had this idea in my head that I would make homemade tortillas (but then I found an enchilada kit in my pantry I wanted to use) and homemade bread...so far this week I have been a little chicken with that.

But what I am REALLY proud of is the amount of fresh produce in my shopping trolley on Monday.  I grabbed very few prepackaged items...mostly just the essentials like cheese, eggs, yogurt and such.




I am glad Tracey gave me this challenge this week, because I do want to cut out most prepackaged food...so I am working on a list of homemade items that I want to be able to make.  I think I'll add the list to my bucket list, and I'll be checking one off a week, as possible.  I'd love for you all to give me some ideas of things I should try!

Alrighty...so now it's Tracey's turn again.  Hmm...I am going to go back in time a bit to the 31 days of October, when I did some writing about being a better mama.  Tracey is an awesome mama already, but I am going to challenge you, friend, to "leave each of your children a surprise sweet note this week."  


Can't wait to see what you do!



1 comment:

  1. I have not checked in here for some time because I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)
    Eton NSP500B Soulra XL Sound System for iPod and iPhone

    ReplyDelete