06 January 2012

Five Minute Friday: Roar

Today we gather in one place and write on one topic.  We set out collective timers for five minutes, and we marvel at the beauty of the writing more diverse than colors on the spectrum.


Would you like to join?  Here are the rules:


    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – don’t edit; don’t second-guess.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Must: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Roar…


GO:
My voice.  Years ago it started as a tiny whisper.  Back when I didn't know who I was.  Back when I was afraid of those those who misinterpreted a strong and confident woman as a crabby and mean and negative woman.  

I was stepped on back then.  

Time passed, and I became tired of hiding.  I couldn't hear my own voice.  I stopped the cycle.

I learned to set my boundaries.  I discovered myself, and my voice.  I stopped being afraid.

Today, I have a clear voice and a clear direction.  My voice can, when I want, become a

Roar.

My roar protects me when I am in danger of getting lost or abused.  When my good will and my natural ability to listen make me vulnerable to tramples.

My roar protects my children from being hurt.  Not the good kind of hurt that makes them stronger, but the kind that would damage them.  My roar prevents that.

My roar makes me excellent at my job, and it will get me through the next couple of years as I contemplate a career change.

My voice.  My roar.  When needed, my most powerful tool.  Hear it and be inspired.

STOP.

Be inspired and empowered today.  Go read what others have to say, and make a statement of your own.





3 comments:

  1. Oh, I so know the struggle of finding that Roar. I do. And I know how good it feels to look back and know that you have found your voice. I love the moments when I can stand tall and know that I am BECOMING and that I have already come a distance in that becoming. Roar loud, my friend!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are really a excellent webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you've performed a great task on this subject!
    Big & Tall Classic Tag-Free Crew Neck - 6 Pack Value!

    ReplyDelete