20 January 2012

Five Minute Friday: Vivid


Fridays are for writing.  Not editing or worrying about it being just so.  Fridays are for spilling your soul.  For only five minutes.  You can do that, right?  Here are the rules, courtesy of The Gypsy Mama:
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just writewithout worrying if it’s just right or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Vivid…



GO:


I sit in this comfy chair with my laptop on a pillow and I am nursing a three day headache.  The picture outside is bleak: gray, coldish, and rainy and has been that way all week.  But never in my whole life have I seen my future so vividly.

The next two years will be ones of great change such as I've never known.  Although I cannot yet see the end, I see all the colors and pictures and it is coming into focus.

And it is absolutely nothing like what I imagined it to be.  I had a grip on my life.  I am thirty-five years old.  I have three gorgeous children.  I am married to the perfect man for me.  I am a professional, and I am good at what I do.  I am a city girl. I am about to be turned onto my head.

I love Jesus.  I believe in God, and I look to Him for where our paths take us.  I see His hand in every part of my life up until now.  He has never before given me a glimpse of what is to come.

But this time He did.  I don't know all the answers.  But I know something is coming.  The picture is clear and vivid and bright.  And wow.  If we thought we were on an adventure before, then we have no idea what that word even means.  It's scary and exciting and ours.

STOP.


What is vivid in your life right now? Care to share?  Hop over to The Gypsy Mama and read some inspiration in what other people have written.

3 comments:

  1. "Although I cannot yet see the end, I see all the colors and pictures and it is coming into focus." Love that. Trusting in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Beautiful. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the "reason" is clearer than others. So glad that this next move is so vivid for you. Can't wait to see how plays out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete