31 January 2012

Pin it. Do it. Week 13.

This week's Pinterest project can hardly be called a project.

Because I did nothing. Well, I did something, but that something took about six seconds.





I put the ends of my store-bought green onions in a jar of water. Then I set it on my kitchen windowsill.


And guess what? Just like on the pinterest board, my green onion stumps grew back! Regrowth started immediately, and we were using the onions within a week.

I haven't bought green onions since - we just snip off what we need with kitchen shears.

Every so often I change the water and rinse the roots.

Rocket science, isn't it? Well, you people are smart. I'm sure you can manage.































Momma Hens Coop




Tip Junkie handmade projects



5 comments:

  1. OMG, that's so cool! I'm all in to that. I really wish I had a window box in my kitchen. I need a good sunshine window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't pinterest just have everything you need? and more, right? LOL Thanks for joining the Frugal Tuesday Tip this week.http://juliecache.com/2012/01/30/frugal-tuesday-tip-53/.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to link to this article this week. frugal love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  4. Great idea, but isn't the hottest onion part right near the roots? The greens are quite as hot onion-wise?

    ReplyDelete