10 January 2012

Pin it. Do it. Week 10.

Soda Can Decor



Who needs fancy package decorations?  This is one of those Pinterest ideas that was just too easy not to try.  We happened to have paper cutters, but there is no reason you can't freeform cut your own shapes. Soda cans are thin enough that they can easily be cut.

I didn't use mine as gift tags, so I didn't punch names onto them.  We use things like old maps as wrapping paper; a few stars on top added a bit of a holiday touch.




So, I cut some stars and hearts and taped them on to the top of my packages, then used the scrap outer piece and looped it through some fabric scraps that I used as ribbon.  Done and done.

Being creative doesn't necessarily mean you sit in your decked out craft room and spend your afternoon and evening sewing a stuffed owl to sit on a shelf (no offense to the owl, sewing, or craft room lovers of the world).

In fact, I find no pleasure in making crafts for crafts' sake.  But I do enjoy making something ordinary into something special without buying a ton of extra stuff.

Or finding frugal solutions to every day problems.

Ok, your turn. What kinds of solutions do you have at your house, headed for the recycle bin or thrift store and just waiting to be made into something spectacular?



























5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'll share this with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome. thank you for linking to the Frugal Tuesday Tip again. http://juliecache.com/2012/01/10/frugal-tuesday-tip-51/.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you for sharing this really neat idea. Question: are they a bit sharp, do you need to sand the edges or not? I'm bookmarking this for next Christmas, thank you:)
    I'm hosting a weekly linky over at Natural Mothers Network and would love it if you popped over and linked this post! It would be great to introduce your blog to my readership! Seasonal Celebration Linky http://naturalmothersnetwork.com/seasonal-celebration-sunday/seasonal-celebration/ Thank you :-). Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy thank you very much for placing this post on Natural Mothers Network's linky: Seasonal Celebration! You helped make Seasonal Celebration a wealth of intelligent, creative and resourceful information and it's been such a pleasure for me and many others to read through each post. I am really looking forward to seeing you again Sunday evening or Monday! Rebecca x
    PS: my button now works:-)

    ReplyDelete